Thursday 17 December 2009

Jutika, Bodywise, December 2009

OK, so I've been tarting it round various other massage providers in Manchester, largely lured by spa facilities and Lastminute.com 2-for-1 offers. But a pilates class just across the hallway and some seriously sore shoulder muscles from hauling myself around on crutches has seen me hurrying back to Manchester's finest.

As usual, Bodywise is just a lovely, calming environment to walk into, with its faint scent of incense and aromatherapy and strangely soothing curved walls. Jutika, as usual, dug out her file of notes on me – now going back the best part of ten years – and checked for any new clinical issues, as well as talking through my general mental and emotional health.

The massage was, as usual, spot on – plenty of pressure point work and good firm strokes using forearms and elbows. The muscles down the side of my neck and along my shoulders were predictably bunched into a big knot, so after trying to get into them with her hands and thumbs out came Jutika's elbows, leaning slowly and firmly into the sorest points, breaking down the tension and pain and returning my shoulders to somewhere around their natural position rather than the previous sense that they'd been stuck somewhere near my earlobes.

And hey, back again tomorrow. Lucky me!

The great addition to this particular massage was that Jutika is currently doing a 20% off recession-busting offer, but I don't know how long for so it's well worth getting in touch asap...

Bodywise Natural Health Centre, Manchester Buddhist Centre, 16 - 20 Turner Street, Manchester M4 1DZ, 0161 833 2528, health [at] bodywisenaturalhealth.co.uk. C. £30 including discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment